Falling On My Knees

“I’d rather fight you 
for something
I don’t really want 
than take what you give 
that I need. 
I beat my head 
against so many walls 
I’m falling down, 
I’m falling on my knees.” 

From Hold Me Jesus by Rich Mullins



John 12:24  I tell you the truth, 
unless a kernel of wheat falls
 to the ground and dies, 
it remains only a single seed. 
But if it dies, it produces many seeds.

There are so many thing we could do each day. A lot of those things are good things, but are they the best things? Are they the things that we have been created and called to do? As I begin this Little Tent site I know there are other projects that will go on the back burner and may not get done as a result of the time that will be needed to grow this site. 

My hope is that you will find posts and resources to inspire your life to be one that is rooted and grounded in prayer. Not prayer that is a religious duty but prayer that is a relationship with the lover of your soul. Jesus paid it all to reconcile us with the Father. Prayer is that place of intimacy between you, a child of the kingdom and the Father. Prayer is when we realize that we can't do this life alone and we find our selves falling on our knees in prayer and inviting the Lord to come in and bring about the changes needed to make us who He has created us to be. 

What do you need to let go of? What do you need to let die? Letting go is a step on the journey to discovering a new dream, we must first let go of the old broken ones. 

Prayer: Father, I know you are calling me to new things. Help me overcome fear and anxiety. I chose to trust you to lead me from where I am today to the new and good things that you have planned for me in the days ahead. I chose to let go of the past and its successes and its broken dreams to join you on a new adventure. 

Photo from unsplash.com  by Dominik Martin

I thought since I quoted Rich Mullins in this post I would include a video of him sharing about the song followed by him singing it. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The journey begins

Buckets of Love

The Way To Happiness