Six Things To Transform Your Prayer Life



Photo by Ben White on Unsplash
As I was praying about what to share in the 2nd Experience Prayer class I flipped through the various things that were ready to present. I felt the Lord kept saying nope - not this week. This morning I awoke from a dream in which I was hearing a pastor talking with another person about how discouraged he was. His life had become so dry and his church or ministry was in the same kind of condition. In the dream I had 6 things that I jotted down on a paper for him. I don't know who the people were. Just that I had the solution. Anyway I could not remember what I had written in the paper only that there were 6 things. As I sat thinking about what I would share for my class it occurred to me that there might be 6 things to transform your prayer life that I could share. 

So here's my list of Six Things to Transform Your Prayer Life
  1. Jesus lives in you - Heaven is not far away the kingdom of God is at hand. He lives in your brothers and sisters too.
  2. Change your music make it more vertical not horizontal . Sing more prayers, thanks, and love songs to Him. 
  3. Invite the Holy Spirit into your prayer time. Jesus sent Holy Spirit to empower us to make a difference and to lead us in to all truth. I wish like Paul that you all would speak in tongues or in a heavenly prayer language but I would rather you'd prophecy. To begin hearing what God is saying and sharing it with others. Praying Spirit directed or inspired prayers.  
  4. Stop telling God how big your problems are and start telling your problems about how big your God is.  (heard this some where and its a good reminder)
  5. Jesus tore the veil of the Temple that separated us from the Father. We can now boldly enter into His throne of grace. We are covered by the blood of Jesus. There we can ask to have an intimate relationship with Father Son and Holy Spirit. 
  6. Stop doing all the talking and have a conversation. Praying with out ceasing does not mean we never shut up and listen.  Ask Him questions and listen for His responses. 
It then occurred to me to ask the Lord what His list of 6 things were. Here's that list as best as I was able to hear and capture it.  Like you I am practicing listening and like you my attempts at it may have bits of my thoughts. You weigh it against the Word. 
  1. Know my Heart. I love you. I want good things for you. 
  2. Know that I hear you. "Tune in" to hear me. 
  3. My answers to your prayers often involve you doing something to become my hands, feet and my heart in the lives of others.
  4. Make room for and welcome my Holy Spirit. You cant do this life with out the Holy Spirit connecting you to me. You cant do this life or have the power you need without more Holy Spirit. You've received Jesus into your home but left the gift of Holy Spirit out on the front porch. Invite Holy Spirit in.  Make Holy Spirit some room. Holy Spirit will not come where not invited. 
  5. Read my word always through the liens of love. 
  6. My goal is relationship and partnership with you. If you only come to me as a last resort, you live in constant neediness not because I couldn't supply your needs but if I did you wouldn't have a reason to come to me. Our relationship could be so much more. I keep sending you opportunities to encounter me. You call them problems, or trials. You see them as punishment. I see them as opportunities for you to know me as provider, as healer, as lover, as chain breaker. The list goes on and on because I AM all that you need or want.                             
Make My Life A Prayer to you live recording by Keith Green 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The journey begins

Buckets of Love

Loop Holes