The journey begins

Photo by Vlad Bagacian on Unsplash

The Journey Begins
 by Margot Cioccio

I think journeys actually begin long before you board an airplane or take the first step out the door. Stories begin long before you put the first word to the page. Ones life calling or ministry started in the heart of God long before we were even born and may in fact be generations in the making.

I was Ordained through the Spokane International Healing Rooms last year. In the past year I have explored some of the possibilities of where my calling to ministry might take me. I thought for a while that it was heading towards pastoring a local church. The more I sought the Lord about that option the more I began to see that it was not the right fit for me. The weight of having to come up with weekly sermons or even the thought that I was being asked to commit the next 15 or more years to one place and one people caused me to question if I was really the right person. Finally as I cried out to God for confirmations and what I got from God was a question. "Margot is this really what you want to do?" My answer was a resounding "No". Since that time I have been really considering what it is that I want to do?What was I actually created to do?

Some of the answers to those questions have lead me here to this first post today. I love to write, to create beautiful things, to travel, to speak, and to encourage and inspire people to grow in intimacy with Father, Son and Holy Spirit through developing a life of prayer.

Prayer is not just something I do it is a life style in which prayer becomes like breathing. My songs are prayers, my art is often prayers or born out of prayer. Even my writing comes from that place of intimacy. I want to be so saturated in His presence that no matter what I do prayer comes out.

Photo by Aaron Burden on Unsplash

16 Rejoice always,  17 pray without ceasing,18 give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you. 

1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 (ESV)

I am currently working on a workshop that I call Experience Prayer. I thought at first that I was creating a book or a manual on prayer. Perhaps some of it will become books at some point. As I began to write and gather the material I started to see that the topic was huge and needed a much bigger container than a book or even a six-week class could possibly contain. I started to realize that it really needs to be a site where one can come to find links and downloadable resources and on-going inspiration and support. My thought is that people don't really need a ton of teaching on prayer they need ways that they will actually do it. Ways to make prayer part of who they are rather than a duty. Not a set of rules but a relationship with the lover of their soul. Rather than have to print tons of paper I would like to be able to direct people to this site where they can down load the resources they want. To make it a place to not only learn and grow but to be inspired.

If you are reading this post, Im glad you are here and I hope you have found some inspiration and encouragement for you own journey.  Today as I am writing, this is the first post to this site. By the time you arrive here there may be many other posts and other features. Today there is just this solitary post but in my mind I can see so much more. I hope you will visit often and tell your friends.

Prayer: Father I thank you for small beginnings. I thank you for the guidance and leading of Holy Spirit and for the enormous sacrifice made by Jesus to reconcile me to you. Thank you for the inspiration and the courage to take this first step. I submit the journey and whatever becomes of it to you, lead and guide me. Most of all I want to be on this journey with you draw me into your heart. Come my Beloved and be my traveling companion. Show me things that can't even yet imagine, take me places I have only dreamed of and places I never even thought of going. 

Id like to end these posts with a song to send you on your way to where ever your journey may take you today. https://youtu.be/YPiCVuSOzmI

Be blessed dear traveler,
Margot 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buckets of Love

The Way To Happiness